Protecting your privacy and personal information is an important part of The Medical Station’s policies and procedures.
General Consent to the Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Health Information
The Medical Station strives to provide quality care and we collect, use, disclose, retain, and dispose of your personal information in compliance with federal and provincial privacy legislation and applicable college regulations. We will be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal health information.
The Medical Station is a multidisciplinary care provider, where the practitioners work together to provide you with complete health care. All staff members who come in contact with your personal health information have signed a confidentiality form and are aware of the sensitive nature of this information. If you have any questions or complaints regarding The Medical Station’s management of your personal information, we request that you contact us.
- Only necessary information is collected about you
- We only share your information with your consent
- Storage, retention, and destruction of your personal information complies with existing provincial and federal legislation, college regulations, and privacy protection protocols
How Our Clinic Uses and Discloses Patients’ Personal Information:
- To assess your health concerns, advise you of options, and provide healthcare
- To establish and maintain contact with you
- To communicate with other treating care providers
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care, and billing via phone, email, mail, and voicemail
- To invoice for goods and services and collect unpaid accounts and process credit card payments
- To comply with the law
- To complete claims for insurance purposes
- To allow potential purchasers, brokers, or advisors to conduct an audit in preparation for practice sale
- To contact you occasionally about changes to services, special offers, updates, and other opportunities
Access To Your Personal Health Records:
You can access and correct your personal health records or withdraw your consent for some of its uses and disclosures by contacting us (this may be subject to certain legal exceptions).
You have a right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at:
2 Bloor St. East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
(416) 326-3333; email@example.com
Consent Statement (To Be Signed And Given to Physician)
On your first visit, you will be asked to sign our Patient Consent Form which will include the following statement from you:
"By signing this patient consent form, you have agreed that you have given your informed consent to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information as outlined above. I have reviewed the above information and understand how The Medical Station will use my personal information and the steps The Medical Station is taking to protect my information. I agree that The Medical Station can collect, use, and disclose personal information as set out above."