Dr. Alisa Naiman is the Medical Director of The Medical Station – North York's newest family practice and walk-in clinic.
We are truly excited about the grand opening of The Medical Station Family Practice & Walk-In Clinic in North York near Wilson and Allen Road.
As the Medical Director for the practice, it is my pleasure to welcome you and share my thoughts about the philosophy that is at the foundation of our care.
The slogan of The Medical Station is 'centred on care,' and this truly reflects the attitude and approach of our medical team and support staff.
We believe strongly in patient-centred, personalized and comprehensive health care that focuses on the whole person, at all ages and at all stages of life.
My Experience & Education
I have worked as a Family Physician in Toronto for over a decade, providing comprehensive primary care for my patients in various healthcare settings. These include community health care centres, walk-in clinics, home visits and family health organizations.
I have also completed a Masters of Health Science in Community Health and Epidemiology. Following my family medicine training, I completed an Academic Research Fellowship in the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
I have also been a Strategic Training Fellow in Interdisciplinary Primary Health Care Research, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
These experiences have given me invaluable insights on what it means to be a doctor and the best practices for providing patient-centred and integrated care.
My Medical Philosophy
When it comes to providing care, my core values include:
- Respect - Treat everyone in our community, including patients, patients' families and our colleagues, with dignity.
- Compassion - Provide the best care, treating patients and family members with sensitivity and empathy.
- Integrity - Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility.
- Healing - Inspire hope and nurture the well-being of the whole person, respecting physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Excellence - Deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service through the effort of every team member.
- Teamwork - Value the contributions of all, blending the skills of individual staff members in collaboration.
- Innovation - Foster a culture of inquiry and innovation based on evidence-informed decisions. We strive to continuously improve our efficiency and efficacy.
In opening The Medical Station, our goal is to encompass all of these values under one roof, in one practice.
The Medical Station team looks forward to advancing health and integrating care in our community through excellence, innovation, and partnerships. And most of all, we look forward to meeting, and getting to know, all our new patients at our family practice and walk-in clinic.
- Dr. Alisa Naiman, MD, Medical Director
Book Your First Appointment Today